Saturday, February 03, 2007

Whoopi Goldberg on Hollywood Politics

This is an interesting interview from the O'Reilly Factor. Just a couple of excerpts from Goldberg:

GOLDBERG: Well, I think he's very clear that he is not for the war in Iraq. It's not a new stance that he's had. He's also for years been a peace activist. So this can't come as a surprise to anybody.

No. 2, when I take a stance on something, all I can talk to you about it how I feel about it and why. And I don't have to justify it, and you don't have to listen to it. But it is important for everyone to know that they have an opinion and they have a — have a right to express it.

Catch the crux of her argument? Her stance on an issue is how she feels about it. And here:

GOLDBERG: If you are asking my opinion...
O'REILLY: Yes.
GOLDBERG: Then it does matter how I feel.
O'REILLY: No, you need to think about it.
GOLDBERG: No, Bill. You need to think about it. That's how you do it. I don't do it that way.


She doesn't need to think about an issue. That's an oversimplification but you can begin to get the drift on why liberals and conservatives have a difficult time understanding each other. In a nutshell, conservatives think and liberals feel. It would be interesting to know how conservatives and liberals score on the Meyers-Briggs personality test.

This is an illustration on how different worldviews collide, and why people don't understand each other. This also shows why Muslims and the west just don't "get" each other. When one speaks the other hears something completely different. Link.

No comments: