Saturday, February 24, 2007

Articles by Americans on Al Jazeera

I somehow ended up in the editorial section of Al Jazeera and found what kind of articles fellow Americans publish on that website. Here is a flavor (warning not to be read by those on high blood pressure medication).

I did a cyber-interview with Carolyn Baker, author, history professor, and publisher of the Speaking Truth to Power website. She recently completed a book entitled "US History Uncensored: What Your High School Textbook Didn't Tell You". Before I launched into the Q&A with her, I wrote a brief analysis of the utter absurdity of the myths of American Exceptionalism, moral superiority, etc.

The thrust of the piece, with Carolyn and her answers to my questions as the focus, is that the abstraction we know as the United States is a pernicious illusion crafted and maintained by the ruling elite to distract the masses while they advance corporatism/fascism. Carolyn and I challenge readers to dig beneath the facade to see the dark and the light (and the in between) aspects of the US.
Link.

No doubt unbiased.

No comments: