Monday, August 28, 2006

How not to sell handbags to Republicans by Kenneth Cole

Last week Michelle Malkin exposed an M.A.C. lipstick ad as being anti-Republican. About six weeks ago, I bought a Kenneth Cole handbag and loved it. Last week, however, I bought the September 2006 issue of Vogue magazine. On pages 210-211 of the magazine, there is an ad for Kenneth Cole handbags and shoes that states, With the government recording personal phone calls, our rights aren't the only thing on the line. Are you putting us on? - Kenneth Cole

Carrying the handbag now makes me feel a little sick as in nauseous. Before I saw the ad, I was extremely happy with the quality of the handbag and would definately have bought more Kenneth Cole handbags in the future.

Mr. Cole, I will never again be putting on one of your products. The way the ad is worded makes me feel that if I put on one of your products, I am also carrying a political statement for you. Sorry, no can do. I agree with Michelle Malkin; my money is the same color as Democrats' money - green. However, your company will not being seeing a penny of my money ever again. I am posting this on my husband's blog. I will get my husband to blog onto Red-Blue Christian, a site to which he has posting rights. In short, I am hopping mad. I want as many women from the conservative side of the political spectrum know about this ad just as Michelle Malkin exposed M.A.C. By the way, there were no other ads in the Vogue doing anything other than trying to sell a brand. I thought that's all ads were supposed to sell.

Karol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the thing. The line is against phone taps, not republicans. You're reading into this. I can't get on your side, because I don't like the idea of the government monitoring me.

Ron Ballew said...

It's a direct reference to the NSA. I'll take anonymous phone taps over terrorism any day.

When I lived in South Africa we had a major problem with terrorism. Living under that threat is no fun, and you realise that you would be willing to sacrafice some freedom for security. Maslow's hierarchy of needs comes into play.