Thursday, October 18, 2007

Richard Roberts asks ORU board for leave

Richard has requested a leave of absence. I would say that this is the beginning of the end. The allegations probably have some (or a lot) of truth in them and this is the easiest way to save some face for the school. Sad:
Oral Roberts University President Richard Roberts asked for and was granted a leave of absence Wednesday amid accusations of lavish spending at donors' expense and illegal involvement in a political campaign.

The 58-year-old son of the evangelist who founded the school said he would continue in his role as chairman and chief executive of Oral Roberts Ministries, and decried what he said were untrue allegations.

"I don't know how long this leave of absence will last, but I fully trust the members of the Board of Regents," Roberts said in a news release issued by the university. "I pray and believe that in God's timing, and when the Board feels that it is appropriate, I will be back at my post as president." Read More.

No comments: