Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Which Road?


Back in the days of Christ:

The crowds flocked to Jesus because He fed them, and they wanted to see signs and wonders. But when, He would not just give them what they "wanted" to see and hear they walked away.

He could have kept the crowds coming if he'd only given them excitement, entertainment, and intrigue but instead, He said, "take up the cross and follow me."

"It's a 'Cross' road we are asked to walk."

In Matthew 16:24, 25 "Jesus said to his disciples, 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.'"

Pastor Larry Elder observed that a lot of people come to a "cross" in the road. The cross stands there in their path… and they know they have to make a choice.

But many people just stop right there.  They don't pick up the cross.
They don't walk down His path.

There's only one path that will lead to God, and Jesus said "I'm it!"  "I am the WAY the truth and the life"

And just as Jeremiah said - if Israel would only choose the right path and walk in it - they'd find rest, so also, Jesus says that if we're willing to follow Him - we'd have rest in our lives.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
However, to receive this rest, we have to choose the right path.

So, which path will we choose?



No comments: