Thursday, October 30, 2008

Obama for President

Heh.

The Right Coast: Obama for President Tom Smith
After some thought which I concede has not been all that deep, I have decided to announce that I support Senator Obama for President. I have been inspired to take this step, which I know some of my readers will find shocking and disappointing, by the several other famous conservatives and/or libertarians who have thrown their backing to the Senator from the Land of Lincoln. Allow me to explain.
Obama has made many insprirational arguments about why he should be the next President. There is Hope, Change, the Audacity of both, the financial crisis's verdict on the failed policies of the last eight years, and transcending the politics of yesterday, which are narrow, in order to get to the politics of the future which are, I infer, very broad. But in truth, I am not sure what all of this means, concretely. Thus I have tried to pay attention carefully as Obama and his many proxies have explained what his actual plans would be. These are much more comprehensible. With some gratitude I realize that all the talk of Hope and Change can be distilled into a two-fold message that is both direct and pure: If Obama is elected President, the government will give me money. And second, that would be fair.

No comments: