Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Assemblies of God Denomination Responds . . . but What Does It Really Mean? - Persevero!

More Ken Ham. I probably shouldn't be linking to him, oh well. I must say that the more he argues the better the AOG position appears. I am always suspect when someone becomes so enamored with their own pet theology they lose sight of the really important things for the Christian...

Assemblies of God Denomination Responds . . . but What Does It Really Mean? - Persevero!: "Recently, I wrote a blog post in which I detailed what I declared was a change that had occurred in the Assemblies of God (AG) denomination’s “Doctrine of Creation” statement. Last month, AG, based in Springfield, Missouri, released this document as an update of its 1977 creation statement.

For reference purposes, here are the two official AG position papers:

* http://ag.org/top/beliefs/Position_Papers/pp_downloads/PP_The_Doctrine_of_Creation.pdf (2010 statement)
* http://ag.org/top/beliefs/position_papers/pp_downloads/pp_4177_creation.pdf (1977 statement)

In my blog post, I claimed the following:"

No comments: